Georgina Sutton is not in the business of making money off your data. Everything we collect is used exclusively to help us provide you with the best service possible. Our policy is to encrypt all data by default at every opportunity, including in transit and at rest. This site is only accessible via HTTPS connections using HSTS.
My contact email address is email@example.com
What type of information I collect
- Your name.
- Your contact details including email address and/or phone number where provided.
- Your requirements for using our services (also called a Statement of Work), which may include your physical address and/or location of service delivery.
How I get the information and why I have it
Most of the personal information I process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To answer a query
- To provide a service
- To respond to a complaint
Under the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018, the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time.
- I have a contractual obligation.
- I have a legal obligation.
- I have a vital interest.
- I need it to perform a public task.
- I have a legitimate interest.
What I do with the information we have
I use the information that you have given me in order to provide products or services you’ve requested, with your permission.
I may share this information only in the following instances:
- With law enforcement to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or as otherwise required by law.
How I store your information
Your information is securely stored under my control in Jersey. The data processor for emails is Protonmail and emails are stored in Switzerland.
I keep your name, email address and any communications only for as long as required to provide our services to you.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask me for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask me to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask me to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask me to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that I transfer the information you gave me to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have four weeks to respond to you.
If you wish to make a request, please contact me using any of the contact details / methods listed above.
How to complain
You can also complain to the Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner (JOIC) if you are unhappy with how we have used your personal data.
JOIC's address is: 2nd Floor, 5 Castle Street, St. Helier, Jersey, JE2 3BT. You can contact them via the up-to-date details as published on their website at https://jerseyoic.org